Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I know I should have become immune to it by now but even after two years of dosage, Star News drives me insane. I would like to know WHOSE idea it is to make all their reporters speak as if they are hosting India's Most Wanted!

Even when they are reporting... ummmm reporting is too strong a word for what they do... well, even when they are spewing generalities about a cricket match that India won (on TV in the background as I write) their tone is railing and ranting. If I didn't know Hindi, I'd assume from their style that some woman was murdered with a gory flourish, and her children were kidnapped, and the murderer disappeared, only to be discovered now two years later, with limbs in his freezer and a knife sporting her dried blood still intact in his coat pocket.* Or worse.

Here's a sample of the channel's standardised speaking style. If you don't speak Hindi - close your eyes, listen for two minutes, and tell me - am I not right?


* Sorry, I've been reading Stephen King

No comments: